Indoor Air Quality Services in Gurnee, IL and Surrounding Communities
Most people who step inside their home think they’ve escaped the dangerous pollutants that linger in the air. Unfortunately for our lungs and health, the air inside your home can be just as – if not more – contaminated than the air outside of it.
Indoor air quality isn’t just about creating an optimal comfort level in your home by controlling how much cool or warm air your HVAC system blows into it. It’s also about eliminating as much pollution as you can so you can breathe easier. When it comes to health and safety, Herchenbach Mechanical takes nothing for granted.
Our indoor air quality experts have been thoroughly trained to conduct comprehensive inspections and to monitor your home’s IAQ for any issues that may need cleaning.
Types of Indoor Air Quality
To operate as efficiently as possible, your HVAC system has to recirculate some of the conditioned air it generates. Although the air that returns to your system keeps your home cooler during the summer months, it increases the risk of pollutants finding a way into your home without you even knowing it. While some particles are merely a nuisance, many contaminants can cause serious health problems.
Here are some of the most prevalent pollutants that could be in your home right now and the dangers they pose to you and your family’s health:
- Radon. This is known as the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. If your home has high levels of radon, you’re at risk.
- Biological contaminants. This includes pollen, mold and dander, all of which could lead to allergies, asthma and general breathing problems.
- Household products. This includes paints and cleaners. Benzene, methylene chloride and perchloroethylene are especially harmful. Dispose of old products properly, buy limited quantities and pay attention to warning labels.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Herchenbach Mechanical takes indoor air quality seriously, since poor IAQ can have an immediate and direct impact on the health of you and your loved ones. When you entrust us with your indoor air quality needs, you can expect us to:
- Assess your filters and replace them accordingly
- Check your humidifier water panel
- Clean your condenser and check/inspect heat exchanger integrity
Our indoor air quality technicians also recommend investing in these tools to help combat the contaminants and allergens lurking in your home. Investing in one – or all – of them won’t only help you breath easier but it’ll also give you peace of mind.
- Electronic air cleaners.
- HEPA filtration systems.
- Ultraviolet air purifiers.
Improving your indoor air quality isn’t just important for your comfort; it’s vital to your health. Herchenbach Mechanical knows how to help with air purification, alleviating any worries you may have about the air inside your home. For more information about how you can clean your home’s air and make it as healthy as can be, call Herchenbach Mechanical or contact us via the Web form.