Air Conditioning Services Gurnee, IL
The last thing you want to do is come home from a hard day’s work in the middle of the summer to a broken air conditioner. That’s why it’s essential that you take care of minor air conditioning repairs before they turn major. And it’s also a good idea for Gurnee residents to invest in annual air conditioning maintenance to improve system performance and avoid costly repairs in the future.
Air Conditioning Repair
If you’re experiencing any of the following signs, you should contact the HVAC experts at Herchenbach Mechanical right away for an air conditioning repair.
- You feel warm instead of cool air. If the air coming out of your vents isn’t as cool as it once was, you’ll need an air conditioning service.
- You see ice where it shouldn’t be. One of the reasons could be leaking refrigerant, which can cause larger issues and water damage. Call Herchenbach Mechanical immediately!
- You hear unusual sounds. Sounds like grating, squealing or grinding that you don’t usually hear are never a good sign. If you don’t remedy the problem today, this could lead to a costly breakdown in the future.
- You smell strange odors.If there is a chemical, mold, or burn smell coming from your air conditioner, then there could be a burn out or mold inside your HVAC unit. Neither should be ignored.
When you contact Herchenbach Mechanical concerning your air conditioning repair, we’ll send a certified and an experienced HVAC technician to diagnose the problem. He or she will:
- Inspect all of your air conditioner’s components for wear or damage.
- Conduct a detailed system performance test.
- Test the system’s charge and control settings.
- Use an approved leak detector to test for any leaks in your air conditioner.
- Use a dye detection test if a slow and small leak is difficult to detect.
Air Conditioning Maintenance
Maintaining your air conditioner throughout the year, even when you aren’t using it, is important to prolonging its life and maximizing its efficiency. Herchenbach Mechanical offers preventative maintenance agreements, which are an important investment for keeping your HVAC system functioning properly. When you count on us for air conditioning maintenance, you can expect us to:
- Ensure there’s an adequate amount of refrigerant.
- Recover all refrigerant that has to be taken out of the system instead of illegally releasing it into the atmosphere.
- Measure the airflow through the evaporator coil.
- Verify the right electric control sequence, ensuring that the heating and cooling systems can’t operate simultaneously.
- Inspect, clean and tighten all connections
- Oil the motors and check all belts for wear and tightness.
- Check to make sure the thermostat is providing accurate readings.
Air Conditioning Installation
In addition to repairs and maintenance, the technicians at Herchenbach Mechanical are certified and able to install any kind of new or replacement HVAC system. By allowing us to perform your air conditioner installation, you put your system’s life in our hands – something we take very seriously. We’ll also take time to help you understand how to best operate your system so you save energy and money.
For more information about the air conditioning services we offer, call Herchenbach Mechanical or contact us via the web form.